Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Westclox Direct Reading Dialite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Westclox Direct Reading Dialite

- a quirkly little cyclometer from the late 60s.

You'll find the Westclox Direct Reading Dialite on eBay from time to time, and it's sure to catch your eye with the hour spelled out but the minutes displayed in numerals. It really begs the question, why? Perhaps the designer just wanted to be different. Or maybe it was a psychological trick to confuse the brain and make time reading more difficult, for some unknown reason. Who knows.

But it was just so different I had to take a closer look
    For more details and pictures See the Article

While I don't collect boxes, it's alway cool to see the original packaging

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

I need help repairing this westclox direct reading dialite. The canned rotor seems to be frozen. Where can I purchase a replacement?
    Any suggestion on restoration will be greatly appreciated.
    thanks in advance,
    Debra

Comment

Debra. The best that I know of is to buy another clock. These motors are no longer being produced. It sounds bad, but if you're patient you may find one on ebay that has a messed up case that will sell relatively cheaply. I wish there were more aftermarket replacements, but unfortunately, there simply aren't that many collectors of these clocks so it would't be economical or profitable for someone to make these.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

• Chuckles
        Chuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        I just got one of these and it works, but the motor is very loud. What is the best way to oil / lubricate to get rid of noise? ANy links to help for this?
        Many thanks!
    Working...
    X