Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My second Citizen pedestal clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My second Citizen pedestal clock

I love pedestal clocks and I love to see coloured tiles on a flip clock, so when I saw this Citizen 7RD009 I needed to get it!

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1040002.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.0 KB ID:	29649

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1040006.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.2 KB ID:	29650 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1040004.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.7 KB ID:	29651

Here it is next to the Citizen 7RD007:

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1040007.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	29647

The movement of these two clocks is exactly the same. Both are driven by a "transistor switched balance wheel impulse motor" (now that is a mouthful) powered by a 1.5V C type battery. And both have the fancy alarm where a small DC motor swings metal rings around that hits a real metal bell.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5398.jpg Views:	0 Size:	238.6 KB ID:	29648

I bought the clock in a rather used state. It was covered in paint splatters and showed some rust here and there, but nothing that a little elbow grease couldn’t resolve. Way bigger problem was that (contrary to what the seller said ) the motor was not running properly. It was a big puzzle but in the end I was able to fix the issue, see this post.

That is a supercool and very rare clock! I am not necessarily a big fan of pedestal clocks but this one is very nice!

Comment

That's a beautiful unit you have there. Interesting that it doesn't use a tuning fork setup, it's probably a similar setup to the Seiko battery powered flip clocks. Great work getting one in such nice shape!

Comment

Thanks!
        I have only one Seiko clock (SD 571) and that has a Copal motor, so I cannot yet compare.

Comment

Working...
        X