Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Copal 230

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Copal 230

Just got done with this restoration, a Copal 230 in overall good cosmetic condition originally, but it had a stuck rotor. I was able to get it going again and gave it the full tune up. The neon bulb in it was original and working great, so I left it. A little clean up and a buff, and it’s in nightstand service!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1575.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	29565

It was a little interesting to get the casing apart, but lately I’ve become a fan of the plastic “black stick” spudgers that I use at my work quite often. As you can see the case holds the mechanism directly in the middle, similar to the Seiko SD-571 recently posted about.

Name:	IMG_1569.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	334.3 KB
ID:	29566

Name:	IMG_1577.jpg
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	29564

As you can see it has quite the odd alarm mechanism, it uses a lever to turn it on or off on the corner of the casing. It also features a mechanical snooze that goes for approximately 4 minutes.

Name:	IMG_1579.jpg
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	29563

It is a cute little clock! It has a nice pop of color with the rear casing, makes me wonder what other colors were available for this model.

Name:	IMG_1600.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	29562

It looks right at home!

That is a very rare model. Looks good! The yellow/black suits it well.
    The alarm lever is odd indeed. I think it is the same as in the Copal SP-128.

Comment

Working...
    X