Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seiko SD 571

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seiko SD 571

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030977.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	29440 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030979.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	29439

I bought this Seiko in a lot of "for parts" clocks. It was missing two tiles, the neon bulb, some screws and all wiring, so I had to add all that. Also the motor was noisy which I solved by replacing the bearings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5388.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	29441

It is nice little clock, smaller than I expected, about 14x7x12 cm (I guess I expected "normal" sized tiles but it has the smaller tiles like for example a Copal 222 has). I always wondered why it has this odd high shape and what the base is hiding. Now I got my answer: nothing! It is just form and no function

I've not gotten into Seikos much but this clock always caught my eye. Thanks for answering the burning question of why it's shaped that way.
    I'm still very impressed with your bearing replacement! Revolutionary.
    Thanks
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
      I'm still very impressed with your bearing replacement! Revolutionary.
      Thanks Mackey! You were at the start of this "revolution" as the video where you disassembled a Copal motor triggered me to investigate this solution. Fingers crossed the new bearings will also hold up in the long run! Only time can tell

Comment

Working...
      X