Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My clock corner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My clock corner.

This is the majority of my collection on display, not looking forward to the coming time change for sure.
    While they are not all flip clocks, well over half of them are mechanical displays.
    This list of the model number unfortunately not in any particular order at the moment, but if anyone happens to have any info to fill in any manufacture dates that may be missing I would be grateful.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	145
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	28944

It displays well! I have a clock corner as well. Spent my day off cleaning it up - It was nice to get all the cobwebs and dust gone. Had to box up a few.
    Thanks for sharing.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Looks Great! I have a few questions on displaying a collection like yours. Did you have to do anything special to accommodate all of the clocks being plugged in and on all the time? I have a growing number I'd like to have plugged in all the time to display but I was wondering if that is safe to do and do I need a special power strip or outlet to do so? Will a regular 20 amp circuit handle say 10 clock radios most of mine are from the 70s and 80s? Thanks for your time I hope my display looks as good as yours

Comment

• TheLohr
        TheLohr commented
        Editing a comment
        All the clocks are plugged into multiple power strips and running on one computer battery backup power supply. Each clock only uses about 5 watts to run, with the radio on maybe another 5. Currently with about 50 clocks running the total power draw is about 230 watts so just about 2 amps on one circuit, shouldn't ever be a problem.

Wow, I must have missed this post while I was on holiday, but what a great collection!
      I'm not much into LED displays, but you also have every electro mechanical mechanism that mimics 7-segment displays and I really love these

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• TheLohr
        TheLohr commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, the mechanical ones are definitely my favorites as well! I still like the look for the LED and especially the VFD displays too though and some I just really like the overall design with the chrome radio knobs and such.
    Working...
    X