Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few clocks I saved over the last year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few clocks I saved over the last year!

The Sony TFM C690W has been finally fixed (I posted a year ago with a time flip issue). I fabricated another elliptical gear, all serviced/oiled and running great.
    Hanimex HDR1402 had a broken case which I managed to fix and touch up with a colour match and then used a leather belt to dab on the area to match the finish, a good clean and service was all that was needed. Runs perfect.
    The PYE 7400 was in a sad state, almost brown in colour with a cigarette burn on top, motor was seized and a gearbox cog had a split shaft. Peroxide and sun over 2 days got the colour restored, motor was unseized (luckily), gear fixed, runs perfect too.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Braindecay; September 9, 2023, 07:29 PM.

Nice work!
    I have the Detson version of the Pye clock. The mechanism was destroyed by abuse and a motor gear was cracked.
    Anyway, thanks for sharing!
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Hi Mackey, I have a quick question regarding the Sony pictured; do you know if the alarm bulb should illuminate when the alarm is set on this model? The clock arrived very much in a box in parts and the bulb was already disconnected, I took my best guess and reconnected where the radio bulbs get their power source so it lights up with the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindecay View Post
        Hi Mackey, I have a quick question regarding the Sony pictured; do you know if the alarm bulb should illuminate when the alarm is set on this model? The clock arrived very much in a box in parts and the bulb was already disconnected, I took my best guess and reconnected where the radio bulbs get their power source so it lights up with the radio.
        I just worked on my TFM-C690W and yes, the alarm lamp should light when the grey alarm button is depressed. Attached is a photo showing where the bulb wiring attaches on the radio. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0044edit.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	750.8 KB
ID:	28803

Name:	IMG_0379edit.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	664.3 KB
ID:	28804

Comment

Originally posted by jwh_vt View Post

I just worked on my TFM-C690W and yes, the alarm lamp should light when the grey alarm button is depressed. Attached is a photo showing where the bulb wiring attaches on the radio. Hope this helps.

Name:	IMG_0044edit.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	750.8 KB
ID:	28803

Name:	IMG_0379edit.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	664.3 KB
ID:	28804
          Awesome thank you very much, very helpful

Comment

Excellent thank you that’s very helpful. Also now I’ve put the wires on the correct points the bulb is much dimmer so it must be a lower voltage, luckily the bulb survived my previous hack!

Comment

Yes, the alarm illumination lamp is very dim on mine too. Maybe I could increase the brightness with an LED but I don’t want to take it all apart again.

Comment

Working...
              X