Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My collection from the past ~6 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My collection from the past ~6 months

So this is my collection from the past ~6 months of collecting.

I'm currently going through the 5 stages of grief over the amount of money I've spent and the amount of clocks I still want to get.

But alas, I'm taking a break from collecting...(trying to, anyway...first unsuccessful step is to close those auction tabs).

I have -

My daily drivers:
    Seiko SD 505
    Lumitime KT-10H
    Toshiba Clotty
    3 x Seiko Melodias (I only run one of them at a time, though)

For display:
    Brac 2000
    Panasonic RC-7469
    Citizen Rhythm
    Seiko SD 501 (this is a lot smaller than I thought)
    Sony Digital 24 Bright (this reminded me of a VCR so I had to have it...it's a juggernaut and bigger and heavier than the Pano RC)
    Nikka Whisky knight clock
    Tokyo Tokei jewels chrome clock (? not sure what these are called)
    Mitsukoshi world time clock
    General Electric Captain

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clocks.png
Views:	336
Size:	982.1 KB
ID:	26416

Oof, that is one gorgeous collection you have there! Loving the Clotty and the Seiko SD501/506, 3 of my favorites!

Comment

That is a very good start and already an impressive collection!
      There is little overlap with my own collection (only the Rhythm/Citizen egg) and I'm particular jealous for the Lumitime and Seikos. Gorgeous clocks that are high on my wish list!

When you say "For display" do you mean they are not working? I'm sure there are people here willing to help you fix these.

Comment

Hi Johan de Jong, most of the "display" are working but not all. It's more not wanting to have 15 clocks all powered and running in my office (as much as I'd like to recreate that scene of clocks in Back to the Future).

First cabs off the rank for repair will be that Sony behemoth and the Citizen egg (nice name for it!).

Comment

Wow, amazing collection, congrats. I have only less than 10 days collecting and have 4 so far. Some are still on the way
          By the way the Niika Whisky knight is some conversation starter but it looks very creepy. I am sure it is no where near cheap

Comment

• 2014WRX
            2014WRX commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice one. I definitely didn't have that many clocks in such a short period.

I got lucky with that knight clock. Normally they fetch a decent amount (150-200 or more) but I was able to get it for about $80 AUD. Yes it's creepy but less creepy with the visor down since old mate has one of those old timey handlebar moustaches...unsettling.

All would be welcome in my collection but I really "need" one of each of the Seiko 501 and 505s. Those have always caught my eye.
          And that Knight clock! I've seen those come and go. They definitely get your attention. It's nice to see it among the other clocks. It gives a good idea of it's size.
          Thanks for the update!
          ~ Mackey Site Administrator
          If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
          If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

• 2014WRX
            2014WRX commented
            Editing a comment
            Same - bucket list is to get all variations of the 505/506 etc.

Agreed about the knight - it’s heavy and pretty tall (from memory prob a bit under 3/4 the height of the Clotty)

Awesome collection! Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Working...
          X