Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic RC-6253 and Soundscope R725

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic RC-6253 and Soundscope R725

First post, just wanted to share my two flip clocks! I hit the local thrift stores often and have been keeping an eye out for them. Probably paid $6 total for both of them. The Panasonic RC-6253 is in pretty great shape. The only thing that doesn't really work is that the alarm just makes a monotonal drone instead of a chime. I'd like to replace at least replace the bulb in it, which is how I ended up finding this forum.

The other clock I haven't seen much information about online. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about it's history. It's a Soundscope, model number R725. It's a bit more worse for wear; a couple of the minute numbers have broken off, the radio is quiet, and touching any of the controls seems to cause the radio to go static-y. Keeps time like it should, though. It seems like it wasn't made for easy disassembly either.

Just figured I'd share my current collection, I'm hoping to find more along the way and tinker with them a little bit. If anyone's interested in additional info let me know!

Hi welcome, I'm not familiar with the soundscope brand, a electronics importer of some sort, some could be pretty regional. The case reminds me of a Sanyo. A good deal for the two, especially for ones you need to work on.
    I would describe most of these clock radios having a buzzing sound for the alarm, not a chime.

Comment

Working...
    X