Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seth Thomas 0813-000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seth Thomas 0813-000

the label says cat #815 mo# 0813-000 speed read lite alarm Seth Thomas div. of general time corp. Thomaston, Conn.
    this clock is heavy (not back to the future heavy) but like brick. has real glass and whitens up nice with HP 50.
    but what surprised me was it has 5 tiles per hour instead of 2 on the hour drum. cheers
    Click image for larger version  Name:	CIMG0572.jpg Views:	0 Size:	242.9 KB ID:	25719 Click image for larger version  Name:	CIMG0580.jpg Views:	0 Size:	432.0 KB ID:	25720
    p.s. looking at this photo I see I forgot to whiten the alarm wheel. but you can see the difference.

That is a nice clock! It was sold in Europe as well, with the really sealed type motor (unfortunately), under different brands. The 5 tiles, not sure if they all have it, but that means it is old. The very early Copal ones also have it, they might even have 6 per hour?

Nice find, especially in that color, with the white tiles!

Comment

That's a good looking clock!
      I think the same clock is sold in Europe as Junghans Synchro Vox, often in twin tone color.

Comment

I really like that model. Showed up in 1971. Came in 3 colors. I just finished a YouTube video about Seth Thomas in general. You should check it out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	813.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	25736
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
        X