Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Twemco Auto-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Twemco Auto-10

I found my Twemco Auto-10 amongst a pile of discarded furniture a few years ago and it has been working brilliantlly ever since.

I imagine it was originally used in an office or bank but it may have been for domestic use too. Rather battered and some of the "woodgrain vinyl" has been removed. But the face is in great condition and it works well.

The case is about 260mm x 260mm and it runs off 220V 50Hz mains power. The motor has become a little noisy recently hence me seeking out this forum hoping someone might know where I could obtain a replacement motor.

And for the eagle eyed, yes I mucked up the Day & Date when I switched it off to inspect the insides this morning. Willleave it to my wife to correct as she is better with that than myself!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Twemco Auto-10.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	374.8 KB
ID:	24755

Name:	Twemco Auto-10 label.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	24756

Thanks for the post. Funny, This is the first time that I can see where the name "TWEMCO" came from.
    Tai Wah Electrical MFG. CO.

Very cool.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Thanks Mackey, I did not pick up on that. Have emailed Twemco in the hope they may be able to date the clock for me. But have noticed the instruction labelon the back refers to the 1970's so that likely supports my guess taht it was manufactured in the 70's.

Name:	Twemco instructions.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	716.7 KB
ID:	24762

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
        Thanks Mackey, I did not pick up on that. Have emailed Twemco in the hope they may be able to date the clock for me. But have noticed the instruction labelon the back refers to the 1970's so that likely supports my guess taht it was manufactured in the 70's.

Name:	Twemco instructions.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	716.7 KB
ID:	24762
        I think the service of TWEMCO HK is very nice. Recently with their help, I bought some spare parts from them then restored my TWEMCO BQ-58 and TWEMCO QD-35 successfully.

Comment

I know Twemco still makes modern versions of these with the flipping day/date and a 'normal' clock, but I was not aware they already made them that long ago.... Now I want one of these The trouble is where to find one (affordable at that)!?

Comment

That's a beauty! I'm usually not a fan of these analog/flip clock combinations, but for this one is an exception. I especially like how they styled the clock face, with that extra wide 3 and 9.

Comment

Email reply from Twemco re Auto-10 parts...
              Yes, Auto-10 was made from 1970 to 1980, we don't have a stock of all parts
              including the analogue movement.

Best regards,

Sally Kong
              Twemco Ind.Ltd.

www.twemco.com

Perhaps I will have to learn to ignore the noisy motor!

Comment

Can you post a picture of the motor itself + a possible label on it? It is a longshot but I acquired, through a Twemco reseller, a couple of Twemco flip clocks motors as a replacement for a vintage (70ies) Twemco flip clock a couple of years ago and have some left. More than likely they used another motor for this clock but who knows, it's from the same era...

Comment

Loving your clock, just acquired one myself with the same wood effect covering. Could you possibly get the motor re-wired if all else fails. Regards Rob

Comment

Working...
                  X