Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copal 401 Wall Mounted clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copal 401 Wall Mounted clock

This Copal wall mounted flip clock came to me when I bought a second hand concrete garage and some benches from a neighbour who was building an extension on his house so needed the space.. With some help the garage was soon dismantled and rebuilt in my garden on a newly laid base, making a decent sized hobby area. He included a few items that had been stored in there such as some old workbenches, a pillar drill and some other bits and pieces .When I started to go through these I was surprised to find a wall mounting flip clock which cleaned up very easily and worked, keeping good time, as soon as I put a mains plug on it.

I fisrt wondered if it was a wall mounted version of a 101 or 201 but am told it is more likely to be a 401. Having said that the only picture of a 401 I have seen has a dot / hole to the right of the numbers which mine doesnt have. .Im assuming this was made sometime in the late 1960s as it has the black numerals on white tiles that the earliest Copal flipclocks had

Im not quite sure what to do with it as I confess Im not really a clock collector so it may be best to pass on to someone who is. For the time being though Id be most interested in learning more about this clock if anyone has any information on it's history.

Chris

This is a great forum but I have now sold my Copal wall clock to Robert Jagers so I probably wont post again.

Apologies for being a one post wonder

Comment

Working...
    X