Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my first ever clock radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first ever clock radio

National Panasonic RC-6110BA FM-AM Electronic Digital Clock Radio Made in Japan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Troy; December 31, 2021, 06:08 AM.

This is my first clock radio I ever owned I bought it in 1982 for $63 today's money you would be 226 bucks it's sat my bedside table for 17 years I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a red LED but instead it's a green fluorescent vacuum tube oh well I thought it was cool anyway I saved up my pocket money for it took me ages to save for it,i gave my original one to a friend who borrowed it and never gave it back and only now that I'm doing clocks that I wanted it back so I bought another one and restored it ..the one on the left needs some work and has a crack on the screen I thought it was a gouge when I bought it looks like I'm going to have to attempt to the repair the screen with windscreen repair glue. I have to inject the crack with it to make it disappear I hope it works ...works on windscreen so why should it work on abs plastic. Even back then I still wanted a flip clock. But this was the only thing available at the time so I kept it all through my teenage years

Comment

The clock I'm currently working on is a sound design 24-hour flip clock not a.m. p.m.I don't have one of those,, it looks like it's about 90% there I'm going to have to strip the coating off the illuminum metal and recoat it
      Attached Files

Comment

just finished one of these 'good ol boys''''.Typical stuff.... yellow as hell ...light not working scratched front screen,,,, all fixed
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Troy; December 31, 2021, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Troy View Post
          just finished one of these 'good ol boys''''.Typical stuff.... yellow as hell ...light not working scratched front screen,,,, all fixed
          Lovely restoration!

Comment

Working...
          X