Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wigo SD2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wigo SD2

Remarkably unremarkable, quite common in Europe, but never featured on this forum, so here we go
    Made in the 70's by Wigo, a branch of the German company Wiegold & Co in Elberfeld. It is a very compact clock, measuring only 14 x 8 x 7 cm in the minimalist Bauhaus style. No alarm, so the only control is the big red thumbwheel on the back to set the time. The bulge on the back is there to accommodate the motor. It looks like they wanted to make the enclosure as small as possible although if that really was the goal they could have squeezed out a bit more air.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020767.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	23055 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020765.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	23056

It is fairly easy to open, but be careful not to break a lip like I did
    The mechanism and motor are from Rhythm (recognisable by the squarish font used on the tiles). Both are quite reliable and easy to service in my experience.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2950.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	367.4 KB
ID:	23059 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2956.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	374.3 KB
ID:	23058 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2954.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	23057

Nice find! It is a nice, quiet and smallish kind of flipclock indeed. The lips do break easily, not much to do about that due to the age of the plastic. I would try to refrain from removing the plastic window, that is almost impossible without damaging either the frame of the window itself, unfortunately this comes from experience

Comment

That was exactly what I feared. I was tempted to remove the front glass for a good clean, but it looked too risky to me.
      Instead I cleaned by flushing it with water and soap and then blowing it dry.

Comment

Working...
      X