Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copal SP-203

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copal SP-203

Hello all

I have been under the radar for a while now spending my time sorting out an old Mercedes-Benz. All I can say about that is flip clocks are a far cheaper pastime. Anyway, I recently snagged this Copal SP-203 on local eBay. The nice thing about this clock is the original box, warranty and instructions. It appears to have had little use but the old grease had solidified and jammed the motor. So, after pulling it down, cleaning it and new lubrication, it is going well. The date on the warranty card is 23 April 1981 and the ticket price is $13.99. Those were the days....

Nice find and lucky that you got it going well, from my own personal experience, this type of motor was not an improvement Copal made over the original flywheel, metal motors.

Comment

I agree. I prefer the flywheel motors as well. But at least it is possible to pull this type of motor completely apart to work on it.

Comment

Nice find! Always nice to also have the original box and documentation. I've never seen this model before, nor the motor within.
        Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
        X