Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Westminster wall clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Westminster wall clocks

I'm interested in purchasing one of these as a Christmas present, particularly a mechanical one, as I think they have such a pleasant, refined quality to them. The only problem is the frequency with which the chimes sound, i.e. every quarter-hour. I love the chimes, I just think there can also be too much of a good thing. Is there such a thing as a Westminster that only sounds on the hours of 12, 3, 6, and 9, or is that a different thing?

I don't think there is a lot of experience here with those types of clocks. We focus mainly on flip clocks and other 1960s/1970s electro-mechanical timepieces. Most regulator type clocks I have seen chime every half hour.

You may have better luck over at this place:

NAWCC Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Engineer View Post
      I don't think there is a lot of experience here with those types of clocks. check We focus mainly on flip clocks and other 1960s/1970s electro-mechanical timepieces. Most regulator-type clocks I have seen chime every half hour.

You may have better luck over at this place:

NAWCC Forums
      then what is flip clock?

Comment

You can find some general info on flipclocks through the attached link to the wikipedia page on flip clocks.

Comment

There are a lot of Westminster clocks that have a silence switch. There are also many different sounds and tones so its important to find one that you enjoy the sound of. After you get used to the sound of it you actually rarely notice it and truly enjoy it when you do. I run at least a dozen of them at all times Well I guess I do notice them a little around Noon every day. Some times they can get so loud I can barely hear the Cuckoos

Comment

A Westminster flip clock. Hmmm I like it. Now that will give me something to think about tonight

Comment

Working...
            X