Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plato Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plato Clock

My Dad had this on his sideboard for as long as I can remember. He recently passed away and now it is at my home. From what I have learned, it's probably from 1903-1905. Unfortunately, the glass dome is not original, as someone a long time ago had cut the top and bottom of a bottle off to use as a dome. The other thing that this person did was drill into the head of the figure on top. To me, this is sad, but at the time it was done, it seemed like a great idea <or> they had been drinking a lot of "Kirkwood Rye Whiskey" .

Does anyone here have an idea of the value of this piece? I'm thinking of selling it and am somewhat hesitant of shipping it.

Thanks for your input! Steve

I personally don't have any experience with Plato clocks, but from what I regularly see come through ebay, the woman one I don't see too often. Someone more knowledgeable might have a better idea unrestored value. They can range quite a bit. I wonder if this sort of vintage "fix" has any cross over value to a bottle collector, figuring out if that bottle is/was anything of value, at least you may get more eyeballs on it if you sell on ebay. Does seem like an interesting family piece at the very least!

Comment

Working...
    X