Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Otona no Kagaku Radio Wave Flip Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Otona no Kagaku Radio Wave Flip Clock

I know that you've seem them on eBay and the like. I found one for a reasonable price and got it put together (in spite of the Japanese only directions). It wasn't too hard - good pictures but the lack of color threw me when installing motors initially - it has a motor each for the hours and mins that turn different directions.

VIDEO: Otona no Kagaku Radio Wave Flip Clock

Click image for larger version  Name:	Otona-no-kagaku.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.4 KB ID:	21753 See the Video
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

I've been meaning to get my hands on one of these for awhile... Now I want it even more thanks

I just checked and the frequency for the time here in Europe is alas not 40khz. I wonder if that can be altered in any way...

Comment

Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post
      I've been meaning to get my hands on one of these for awhile... Now I want it even more thanks

I just checked and the frequency for the time here in Europe is alas not 40khz. I wonder if that can be altered in any way...
      It would be hard. I think I read somewhere that the Japanese even encode the time differently that other countries. The logic for all this is in a little circuit board. It seems highly unlikely that it could be feasibly accomplished.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

I suspect that it will be too complicated. At least it will work on its own.

Comment

Working...
        X