Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found one at last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found one at last!

I have been looking for a matching flip clock to go with my orange JVC Videosphere space helmet TV for a while now. Naturally, I had to buy another TV to get it. The TV it came with is or was, white, and so it's obviously a marriage. After a bit of lubrication the Copal motor fired up and it is now running well. It is missing the alarm set knob and so another search begins. You can't get much more retro 70s than this. We are in lock down in Sydney at the moment (it's only been six weeks with no end in sight) and so I won't have a chance to attach the orange clock to the orange TV for a while. Of course, it's a given that the TV will be a lot harder to get working than the clock.

That is one cool find! In this the one that you could also hang on a chain?

Would you happen to have a picture (potentially close up) of the knob which is missing so I can have a stroll through my parts boxes to see whether I have something matching? It looks like something from another clock would fit just fine...

Comment

Congrats on having one almost %100! What a cool machine.

Comment

Wow! Never seen something like that before. Must look eve more amazing in a matching orange combination.
        Is the clock in any way connected to the TV or does it only serve as a stand?

Comment

• flipoclock
          flipoclock commented
          Editing a comment
          that's a good question.... From the pictures it does not seem to be connected, however there is a 'timer on/off switch' on the clock/alarmclock, I see no other functionality for that than to power or not power the TV?

Yes. It does have a chain to carry it or hang it. There is a power outlet on the back of the clock to connect the TV. So, the sleep timer can turn the TV off or the alarm can be used to turn it on to wake you.

Interestingly, the clock is stamped 120 volts and 60 cycles so it must have had a sticker covering it at one time because it is definitely set up for 240 volts and 50 cycles for the local market.

Comment

It also has a very loud buzzer

Comment

Congratulations!!
            ~ Mackey Site Administrator
            If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
            If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
            X