Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black light beauty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black light beauty

I just finished converting a Sony 8FC-69W with a black light from a TFM-C620W. This full wood case Sony’s is my current favorite and I wanted to add a twist to it. The clock movements are identical in each unit. I just had to attach the Omron switches to the replacement movement. Thanks to Engineer for setting me up with a LED harness. The harness is soldered directly to the mains. Plus this harness has a adjustable brightness feature. It looks amazing in a dark room. The pictures I have don’t do it justice.

Beautiful machine. Nice work on getting it all set back up. It looks like a sleeker TFM-C720W (or 690W) due to the smooth top without the grill.

Comment

Thanks,

I like the bottom mounted speaker setup. It eliminates the opportunity for dust to get inside. It’s just a cleaner, simpler design.

Comment

Very nice look! Great collaboration there.
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Very nice light effect I like it!
          Do you know the numbers have phosphorescence on them, and they glow?
          or it's just a black light for light effect in general

Thank you

Comment

• Jumblejeff
            Jumblejeff commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I believe they do. The Sony’s have a yellowish tint. The Panasonic’s have a greenish tint. The black light makes them glow. I’m not sure what the plain white numbers would look like with the black light effect. I’m thinking a purple tint.

Looks awesome! Nice work!

Comment

Nice clock jeff. I have been searching for a 620 or a 720 for almost a year. The ones that do pop up are either priced to the moon or there pretty hammered and not much cheaper. Well today was my lucky day up popped a 620 with the white body pretty decent shape supposed working $60 and free shipping buy it now so I did. I probably see 6 of them now in the next month it always seems to go that way. Nobody around my house seemed very excited about me finding a 620 so I said heck with them and thought I"d drop a line here Always enjoy starting a new project hoping it goes well and worth posting a few pics when I"m done

Comment

Nice job! These blacklight clocks are very cool. Hope to own one myself someday.

Comment

Working...
              X