Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An original and a hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An original and a hybrid

Just finished restoring both.

The ultra-rare Copal 705L next to the also-rare Copal 702BL (my made-up name for it):

Click image for larger version

Name:	705_702.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	395.6 KB
ID:	20837

The blacklights are at their full 12v. I have not added the internal variable-brightness potentiometer to my power supplies like I have for a few members here.

I actually like the look of that 702(BL), not sure which I prefer tbh, 702 or 705... Nice work!

Comment

I know...I was thinking the same thing! They both have their charms.

I like the width of the 705 and the darker anodizing. The 702 has a "bright" quality about it. I am sure the lighter color of the cabinet adds to that feeling.

Comment

These are real beauties. The anodized aluminum cases are sweet - and likely added much expense to the manufacture. I like them both - I keep my 705L on a prominent shelf - it's a personal favorite. Thanks for sharing!
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

They are beautiful! Nice work sir!

Comment

Love the 705L. One of my favorite clocks I've snagged, it's a permanent fixture in the collection. Great work as always!

Comment

Those look amazing. I love a black light in any of these clocks. The clock can be read easily both night and day.

Comment

I found a silver 24-hour 705L in Germany. Should be here in a few weeks and I will convert it to 120 volts.

Comment

I had seen that one, the bidding went a bit high for me and too many laying around still (not 705l's of course), awaiting my attention and love
                  Last edited by flipoclock; June 7, 2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Haha, yeah, it did go a bit high, but I have been on the hunt for a silver and also a bronze 705L so I justified the price. The silver ones seem to be even more rare.

Comment

I guess they might be indeed. in all honesty I prefer the bronze, but that may be because of the plastic parts on the silver one, which are a kind of off-white to beige, not my choice of colour.

Comment

Working...
                      X