Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flip Clock at the Show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flip Clock at the Show!

On May 22nd the Wisconsin Computer Club and I ran a show and fundraiser game tournament for the city's madcap "Robocop" statue. As promised, I found a spot for a flip clock at the show too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	6dc6e54df878e9a5eeb86d3f11b6d02b.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	20645

The clock is a General Electric C4350A, one of my favorites.

How did it go?
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
      How did it go?
      Really well! For an event we had to throw together and advertise in less than a month, we had roughly 100 people come through, and just shy of 30 gave the tournament a crack. We had 32 computers up and running, which is kinda crazy to see.

Click image for larger version  Name:	a610a65c3a105db64b899dc7ccf5f7bd.jpg Views:	0 Size:	294.5 KB ID:	20670

From left to right; me, RoboCup winner Jerry Hellsing, and Stevens Point Mayor Mike Wiza who presented the trophy.

Name:	693bebe837bd5098c4240366ac56fcb0.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	20671

We were pretty much wrapped up by the time this picture was taken, with a few people still hanging about. I think everyone had a good time!

Comment

I see some Compact Macs there! Very cool! My current projects:

Name:	IMG_2685.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	268.7 KB
ID:	20684

Name:	IMG_2641.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	20685

Comment

Originally posted by cyb3rbyte View Post
          I see some Compact Macs there! Very cool! My current projects:
          Very nice! I always liked working on Macintosh Classics; not too many caps to fix and the battery placement means it's not certain death if the battery pops- unlike some other models at least. I know I've seen the "pinstripe" issue before somewhere; might be in the Dead Mac Scrolls if you haven't got it sorted already. Rock on!

Comment

Ah nice! Brings back good memories: the Classic was my first Mac and I still have it. Never could part from it. I also still have the first ever iMac (the Bondi blue one). Currently both are in storage, but one day if I have more room I would like to start my little Apple museum

Comment

Working...
            X