Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Newest Acquisition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Newest Acquisition

I just received a Twemco BQ100 flip clock bought for what I thought was a very good deal. Twemco clocks are uncommon in Australia although another company, Jadco, has similar clocks using Twemco mechanicals. At 47 x 28 cm it is huge and it certainly dominates a room.

It makes an interesting display situated amongst an English lantern clock c. 1780, a cuckoo clock c.1880, a Nixie clock set within an ammeter case from the 1920s and finally the weird 70s flip clock lamp (thank you Mackey for the toilet reference - I can't get the image out of my head now). I suppose eclectic is the word.

That's a big boy for sure. Love it. Yes, Eclectic is the word for that conglomeration. But I like it.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Looks like it's in really good shape, cosmetically at least!

Comment

Yes, it's in excellent shape and working well.

Comment

That looks like an ecclectic collection to say the least, congrats on your Twemco, the big ones are not that easy to find for I don't think they make them anymore, contrary to the smaller ones.

Comment

What a monster! Thanks for sharing this awesome collection!

Comment

Very nice. What a giant BRICK! I love it.

Comment

So big! You must be able to hear that sucker flip from across the room.

Comment

It is a big sucker. Actually, when it flips over the hour you can hear it from another room.

Comment

My bad, just checked Twemco's current range and apparently they still do the really large ones... They're just not readibly available on the different auctions sites, I suspect that they are insanely expensive and more meant for office use

Comment

You're right. I could never justify buying a new one no matter how much it stands out. The seller bought mine overseas a few years back and used it as a feature in their living room. They replaced it with an LCD clock possibly due to the noise. There is a district whirring sound just before the minute flips and a definite clunk on the hour. I love it. It is what it is and completely unapologetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X