Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ingraham Model 59-030 Simulated Digital Flip Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ingraham Model 59-030 Simulated Digital Flip Clock

Click image for larger version

Name:	ingraham.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	19857
    Performa twisted my arm and made me buy this.

The McGraw-Edison Ingraham Model 59-030 Flip Clock features simulated digital numbers - Why? Because digital was a big deal in the seventies. Oh, it probably wasn't cool then and it's just strange today. But that's why we like it.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Very cool internal set up! Very much like my own Ingraham copal flip clock. Now I want one!

Comment

Oh great. Another clock I don't need...but want.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
        Oh, it probably wasn't cool then and it's just strange today. But that's why we like it.
        That's the truth right there!

Good looking clock sir! Thanks for the tour of the clock! Glad we could see S'More too!

Comment

You're welcome. I didn't go into it much but it's a bit of a pain in many ways. Getting the alarm bar "tuned" to sound better and stop buzzing all the time was a problem. Plus getting the mechanism and motor assembly in was a problem. That stupid snooze button kept falling in. Next time I'll Gorilla tape it in place from the outside.
          then getting the wires configured so that they don't get in the way.
          I did mention the oil spray. I should have shown more, the inside/bottom of the clock was filthy with it, but I had cleaned it before I thought to start taking pics.

It really took up more time than I expected. I have that Red Digital 24 that's sitting on my workbench that I want to do a video about. Didn't get to it this weekend because of that Ingraham. That's the problem with me. If something new comes in I just drop everything and get into that.
          ~ Mackey Site Administrator
          If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
          If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
            It really took up more time than I expected. I have that Red Digital 24 that's sitting on my workbench that I want to do a video about. Didn't get to it this weekend because of that Ingraham. That's the problem with me. If something new comes in I just drop everything and get into that.
            I know that feeling! Ah well, having too many cool things to work on is a good problem to have I'd say. Keep up the good work sir!

Comment

Working...
            X