Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Green Westclox Wall Flip Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Green Westclox Wall Flip Clock

This came up at local auction house and I couldn't resist it. It is a Kermit green Westclox wall clock that is 28 cm (or 11 inches) wide so it makes a nice big display. It was made in Japan and has a General Time electro-mechanical movement running on a 1.5 volt C size battery. All it needed was a good scrub, lubricating and cleaning the electrical contacts. It is now ticking away nicely. These are interesting movements. The electric motor turns a worm drive which winds up the spring every minute or so.

I've got this in beige. Man ... like the green much better though!
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Really nice one. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I hope you got a good deal on it, I was offered one in green awhile ago (not from Aussie) and it was simply too expensive for me to justify the cost, but I do really like it, especially because it is rare and because of the funky clockwork inside.

Congrats!

Comment

I think I got a good deal. My wife on the other hand....

Comment

Just a follow-up on the Westclox. It is a great looking clock but loud! The ticking can be heard from quite a distance away. Initially, it was running fast and adjusting it by turning the screw which changed the throw on the balance wheel made no difference. I found that the adjusting lever had jumped out of the thread on the screw and so turning it made no difference. Once the lever was back in place the time could be adjusted and now it is quite accurate.

Comment

Good to know that it is loud.... Will have to look out where to hang it, should I ever come across one.

Comment

Really nice look with this one! Great catch!

Comment

Working...
                X