Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Panasonic 7052B Flip Clock with Detachable Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Panasonic 7052B Flip Clock with Detachable Radio

Here is an interesting beast. A National Panasonic 7052B from around 1970. This was made in the era when having a detachable transistor radio was a popular accessory. It has a quite a large display and the unit as a whole is very heavy. The AM/FM transistor radio runs off 4 AA batteries when not connected to the clock. It needs a thorough cleaning but is in basically good condition. Please ignore my reflection in the face plate - that's not part of the display.

Ooh, I like that, perhaps even better without the radio

Comment

Those are really cool and quite rare here in the US. I have the bottom half of one which was re-branded by Singer (the sewing machine company). It has the same clock movement internals as the RC-7589 with a few layout changes for switches.

Comment

Very cool share. The triangle Panasonics are very interesting, considering they weren't around for that long. I consider this one to be the most interesting. Are the digits illuminated?

Comment

Yes. The digits are illuminated with a neon bulb. I can't get over how heavy it is even with the radio removed.

Comment

The unit I have is illuminated the same way as the RC-7589 which was a 6v incandescent lamp. Perhaps they put in neons for European/overseas units?

Comment

I haven't opened it up but it certainly looks like a neon from above.

Comment

Working...
              X