Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic logo type and how it applied to the RC-6551

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic logo type and how it applied to the RC-6551

A little logo history for Panasonic fans. I have several bezels for the faceplates of the RC-6551. Two of them, both from 1971 have different fonts for the Panasonic logo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210220_131515.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	18491

So, that means the top unit was made just after they modernized the logo in 1971. The bottom logo was used from 1966 until 1971 so that one was manufactured just before the logo change in 1971. There are no date stamps on the bezels themselves so no telling when they were exactly manufactured in that year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pana_logo.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	18492

I know which one I prefer, but good info, never gave that much thought actually.

Comment

I prefer the older 1960s logo, myself. However, the newer logo is interesting and does remind me of the 1970s, which I also like.

Comment

I like when the logos are on the inside of the front lens. That way you don’t have to polish around them when buffing out scratches. I know Sony has them both in and outside the lens.

Comment

Well, lucky for these they aren't on the windows at all so they are very easy to polish!

Comment

• Jumblejeff
            Jumblejeff commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes......that’s on the inside bezel.....oops

Considering some brands these days won't go six months without doing something to their logo, the notion that Panasonic is marching past 50 years with the same logo is rather impressive. I guess it's true what they say, if it's not broken, don't fix it!

Comment

I like this kind of product/manufacture history. It's curious. I've seen both styles on the face plates (metal inserts) on the RC-7469. I've always like the one we know now is older.
            ~ Mackey Site Administrator
            If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
            If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
            X