Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copal QP-250 Quartz - back from the dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copal QP-250 Quartz - back from the dead

Very pleased with the results of this Copal QP-250 Quartz i saved from ebay last month, the battery leak hadn’t effected the motor or any part of the mechanism, no deep scratches to the display and the case buffed up real nice...seems to be running fine.
    first 2 pics are the original condition

Looking good. Glad you got it working.

Comment

I do absolutely love the design on that and I am glad it is brought back from the afterlife!

Comment

yes pleased with the results, been looking for a quartz one for a bit, interesting to see how long the 2x D Cells last, it’s running pretty accurate so far, each tile had to be cleaned of the acid dust, it took a while, the whole motor is cased inside a plastic cover inside so it stays dust free i imagine

Comment

Quartz motors on these clocks are so interesting! The Seiko that I have only uses one D battery, wonder why yours needs two? Maybe it would last longer if it has the same current demands.

Comment

Not sure about the 2 batteries. I currently have a Bosch UDW2 here, on batteries and it will hold 2 of them as well, however when you place one in, it will start running..... There is a mechanism inside the clockwork though, which operates (roughly) every minute or so, some kind of winding mechanism, and this might need the power of the 2nd battery. Not sure if this would be similar to the mechanism inside this Copal clock for I have seen it inside several different clocks.

Comment

Looks phenomenal! Nice work!

Comment

Nice clock - It's a keeper.
                ~ Mackey Site Administrator
                If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
                If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
                X