Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Electric Flip Clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Electric Flip Clocks

2 recent clock radio projects. A 7-4333D and a C4332C. Virtually the same, except the C4332C lacks the blacklight display and earphone jack, but adds weather radio band and a telescoping antenna. Both use Copal clock mechanisms.

Thanks to Engineer for help with LED blacklight conversion on the 7-4333D.

Very nice. We don't often see GE units cleaned up like this, so, good work. Glad the LED blacklight worked well for you.

Comment

Those look really nice. Those GE clocks have very durable cabinets. I like the black light look with the led harness. I have the same harness that I waiting to use in a future clock purchase.
      Nice work!

Comment

The GE model numbers variation, it makes my head spin a little. At some point GE was branding the display as Chrono-Glow™ Blacklight in sales material, really pops on the refresh. The telescoping antenna you don't see too much in bedside clock radios, wonder what it was marketed as.

Comment

Yes, it seems like GE was fast and loose with model numbers. I have seen some of the same model with flip movements powered by Telechron motors while others were Copal motors. The roller, or cyclotron, movements were always Telechron type motors.

Comment

I think the antenna on your one GE is for the Weather radio! Just a hunch. Good looking clocks!

Comment

These GE's are well built, usually a good cleaning brings them back. These both have Copal mechanisms, which are pretty robust as well.

I am very familiar with the 7-4333 (blacklight model), as I received one as kid in the mid-70's (that one is long gone, though).

Now I have 2 of those (the other has a working original blacklight), along with the C4332C (weather radio model).

Originally posted by cyb3rbyte View Post
              I think the antenna on your one GE is for the Weather radio! Just a hunch. Good looking clocks!
              Thanks! You are correct, the antenna is for the weather radio.

Comment

Interesting....these GE Clock Radios were also made (with minor cosmetic changes) for JC Penney:

Click image for larger version  Name:	jc radio.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.1 KB ID:	18223

Comment

Working...
                X