Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New in Box Copal 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New in Box Copal 225

Click image for larger versionName:	225.jpgViews:	0Size:	90.0 KBID:	16949

So, it's a long story. But one day, I had to sacrifice my personal Copal 225 to fix another person's clock. It's too painful to talk about. But anyway, that clock wasn't new. But I wanted another 225 to take it's place. Plus I wanted this Copal Clock (no alarm) to serve as my next bedside table clock.
    Enter .. a New In Box Copal 225. Yes, you may have seen in on eBay at one point. Maybe not because I didn't let it stay up there long.

Check out the Video below of how I determined if it was or was not a New In Box as the seller claimed.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

It's not everyday we get a chance to see one of these beauties unboxed! Rock on sir!

Comment

That’s a nice little clock. I bought one a couple years ago. I was surprised how small it is. It was run for over a year after a light restoration. I like the simple style of it. Just a clock, no alarm or radio.

Comment

If I had to choose between the 225 and its successor, the AP110, I would choose the latter, but the 225 is still a very nice, humble clock! The AP110 is also somewhat rare for some reason.

Comment

I love these Copals for how well they are made despite their simple design. I would buy one of these and run it all day long. They really are getting up there in price now!

Comment

Yes the prices have really gone up. I paid $26 with shipping for a working one in like new condition a couple years ago. It was a quick press of the “buy now” button.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumblejeff View Post
              Yes the prices have really gone up. I paid $26 with shipping for a working one in like new condition a couple years ago. It was a quick press of the “buy now” button.
              Yep. Many of my clocks were bought before the explosion in prices. Unfortunately many were not so I've got some money sunk into some clocks. And who even knows if they'll hold their value. I'd guess No. But ... you never know.

Besides, they're not an investment for me. I just like em flipping around.
              ~ Mackey Site Administrator
              If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
              If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
              X