Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copal 227

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copal 227

My lovely little Copal 227, i swapped the white buttons to black ones and changed the black insert to one with the Copal “world” logo and the center “Japan” plaque - its tiny but i much prefer it to without, i don’t know if they marked them like this randomly or if it was something they did early or late in their production life ?

I am guessing you are in the UK? I see a lot of Copal clocks (a relative amount in any case) with this logo on the front/glass. My guess it is/was some sort of company which gave these away promotionally or to employees, but don't know how much truth there is to that.

I've never seen a 227 with the marking before.

Comment

ha, i always thought Copal were part of the “Fonadek group”, yes i’m in the uk
      Attached Files

Comment

Curious indeed
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

All I can find on them (and it's not much) that they existed until aro. 1982 and produced and tried to sell / sold amplifiers for phones. It is very well possible that they also had an agreement with Copal to sell their clocks under license, the world wide web does not share that with us, so it seems...

Comment

Working...
          X