Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copal 229 with Vynal wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copal 229 with Vynal wrap

A Copal 229 which i gave bit of a tune up on last week after picking it up for a good price on marketplace, i wrapped the scuffed wood grain case in red vynal rather than re spay it this time for a change

Looks great! I've refinished a 229 as well, in a light blue. I painted mine, but honestly, I may try wrapping one in the future. Good color choice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by aandrew View Post
      A Copal 229 which i gave bit of a tune up on last week after picking it up for a good price on marketplace, i wrapped the scuffed wood grain case in red vynal rather than re spay it this time for a change
      I never even considered that. Very cool - thanks for showing the result.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

I like that, also the red with the black knob/wheel! Was it a difficult shape to do? What material did you use exactly?

Thanks!

Comment

• aandrew
          aandrew commented
          Editing a comment
          i used just normal vynal, i bought it at a craft shop, the corners are tricky but i watched a couple how to videos and got it to a standard i’m happy with, i like the contrast between the red and black buttons where as the original Copal red one has red buttons also, i might do it again in white at some point.

Thanks for that. I have plenty of clock cases here that have damage here or there and this could be a nice solution to try and give them a purpose again.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Working...
          X