Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic RC-7469 The Cameron and Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic RC-7469 The Cameron and Manual

Would you believe someone gave me a Panasonic RC-7469. Mailed it to me so that someone could get some use out of it. I insisted in paying at least postage, and I'll do that. After closer inspection, it seems the transformer is kaput. But I've got a few of these for parts downstairs so I'm pretty sure I can get it going.
    As a bonus I got the user manual and warranty card as well. Can't beat this deal. I don't think the person ever joined the forum... but if you see this sir - Thanks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	RC-7469_02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.1 KB ID:	16092 Click image for larger version  Name:	RC-7469_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.8 KB ID:	16093 Click image for larger version  Name:	RC-7469_03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	149.8 KB ID:	16094 Click image for larger version  Name:	RC-7469_04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.1 KB ID:	16095 Click image for larger version  Name:	RC-7469_05.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.1 KB ID:	16096 Click image for larger version  Name:	RC-7469_07.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.4 KB ID:	16097 Click image for larger version  Name:	RC-7469_08.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.8 KB ID:	16098 Click image for larger version  Name:	RC-7469_06.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.9 KB ID:	16099

The Manual

Click image for larger version  Name:	cover.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.0 KB ID:	16101 Click image for larger version  Name:	page_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.4 KB ID:	16102 Click image for larger version  Name:	page_02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	16103 Click image for larger version  Name:	page_03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	16107 Click image for larger version  Name:	page_04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.2 KB ID:	16109 Click image for larger version  Name:	page_05.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.2 KB ID:	16108 Click image for larger version  Name:	page_06.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.5 KB ID:	16104 Click image for larger version  Name:	page_07.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.2 KB ID:	16106 Click image for larger version  Name:	page_08.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	16110 Click image for larger version  Name:	back.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.5 KB ID:	16100

The Manual In PDF

RC-7469_manual.pdf

RC-7469_manual-compressed.pdf

Warranty Card

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_4335.jpg Views:	2 Size:	134.6 KB ID:	16111 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_4332.jpg Views:	2 Size:	180.7 KB ID:	16105
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Mad props to the donor, that clock is definitely in the best of hands!

Comment

that is one cool clock and also cool that it was saved from the bin (I guess)!

Comment

Very nice condition. Not too shabby at all.

Comment

Really cool. I consider this and the RC-7462 to be the coolest Panasonics of their day. Can't wait to see it working.

Comment

Man!
            I thought I was all over this clock. I was even making a video about how I was using a parts clock to get a new transformer. I swear it was testing dead when in the clock (probably had some oxidation on the leads). In any event, got it out and thought ... "let me double check" - stripped the leads and it's working (so I put it back). Should make a video about how to make a big mistake. Anyway, subsequently found out that the main switch was wired differently than my parts clock. So I moved a wire. Now the sleep function results in the radio playing, but otherwise no power gets to the circuit board. I took the switch apart but could not find an obvious problem. I'm going to soldier in the parts clock switch to see if that was it. If not, I've got to do some more snoopin around here.

Comment

What a nightmare:
              First, I thought it was the transformer ... but it wasn't - bad read due to oxidation on the points where it came into the board ... certainly not operator error
              Then I knew it had to be the switch. Spent quite a bit of time re-soldering in all those connections to put in a known working switch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	switch.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.9 KB ID:	16214
              Nope ...

Now, clearly power's not getting to the board with the switch is on, but it is when the sleep is on.
              HAD to be the micro-switches (OMRON brand switches). Almost made the same mistake when testing their function. Had to scratch the surfaces to verify .... no... they're working.
              Then made a simple continuity check and saw that a jumper from one "OMRON to another showed continuity only when I touched the wire then the second point, not when I touched the post on the OMRON switches.
              No way. It was left unsoldered from the factory. Must have worked for a while until oxidation (or maybe Galvanic corrosion) caused the connection to fail.

It's not as glaringly obvious as you might thing. I think the take home is don't just jump to conclusions. This is not the first time I've seen this in a Panasonic. Probably happens in other makers I'm sure but it's strange that it's only found this many years later.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wtf.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	16215

It's wasn't as clean as it looks here when I found it. This is after I repositioned it getting ready to solder. It definitely had some buildup of corrosion on it.

Comment

• cyb3rbyte
                cyb3rbyte commented
                Editing a comment
                Talk about forgetting something, wow! A couple years back when I worked at a car dealership, we had a brand new truck come onto our lot without ANY rear brake pads, but the discs were there. Sometimes things you would think are important are overlooked.

It was probably built on a Friday at the end of the shift before a holiday weekend by a new employee at Matsushita electric Co.

just guessing here......

Comment

• Mackey
                Mackey commented
                Editing a comment
                or disgruntled employee

Good troubleshooting.

Comment

Working...
              X