Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunbeam made by copal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunbeam made by copal

I recently purchased a 70’s green Sunbeam flip alarm clock that looks like the the Copal 703. It was in working condition and only needed light cleaning and restoration. Very well built.

It’s the first flip clock I have purchased with a glass front lens. It also has a intermittent alarm driven from a second output on the gearbox.

Looks like the Copal 703 was rebadged for Sunbeam D2 model. The price was a bargain compared to the Copal equivalent.

I have a Sunbeam Copal 101. The same clock exactly. Almost. They added the branding of course and a little different knob. That's a nice looking clock. I'd use it on my night stand for sure.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

This is one of all time favourite flip clocks. I do prefer the Copal version though. I recently had another one, exact same clock, labelled as 'Talisman 40', no other makers markings on it than that, same markings on the box.

The alarm on this one is a very cool feature!

I also have a Sunbeam 101 which is indeed a rebadged Copal, it even has the Copal markings on the case, Sunbeam stickered over them. My 101 was in a very sorry state when I got it, it was only 10 USD though . I am working on getting it cosmetically repaired and after that (spray)painting it. When it is done and I am satisfied with it, I might put some pics on here.

Comment

Working...
      X