Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candle flip clock information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candle flip clock information

This bad guy followed me home today I found in a thrift store and even the clock was not working after cleaning and oiling the motor shaft (copal) now it seems to be keeping time. I just need to put back the knobs and there we go a nice working clock! It is made in Hong kong but it says Japan in the "00", any more information about the maker, age... ? I can't find much about Candle in the net.

By the way, I would like to give big thanks to Mackey, administrator of this site and the youtube flip clock fans channel, this is why I bought and fixed in the first place this clock!

Comment

Candle was a Canadian brand in the 60s and 70s (possibly into the early 80s with the name going to a Hong Kong company) and was sourced by electronics from the Tokyo Transistor Company. I think they began around 1960 or 1961.

Comment

Nice find, I like it, it resembles one of those early PC's, the all-in-one machines

Comment

Yes, that sounds about right, since I got in in Canada! It is kind of big, bulky I would say, but it looks great in the night table, I woke up today with the radio sound, it was a great feeling. I think this is the beginning of another collecting madness

Comment

Looks like a really interesting clock, love the design. That's definitely a Copal movement for the actual clock part, hence why it may say Japan on it. Looks to be very similar to a movement from a Copal 227.

Comment

Working...
            X