Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic flipclocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic flipclocks

Click image for larger version  Name:	4361D6FC-420E-4D58-B601-8B7A8D9148DC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	73.2 KB ID:	13088Hello to you all
    hereby my small collection of flipclocks
    I bought some time a go a Rc 7469, because I had fond memories of it from when I was a child, but it came with some broken numbers, that I was able to repair, (crazy glue / backing soda method)
    so then I decided let me buy a other rc 7469 for parts, never know where it is good for, so I bought one as non working for parts, after cleaning all the numbers (sticky by some kind of soda drink) and cleaning the rest of the clock, it came to live again and turned out to be a nice healthy clock again, so damm still not a clock for parts !!!
    so I decided to buy a other rc 7469 for parts, bought it as parts, but after closer inspection, the little fly wheel was jammed by the little cube that’s normally glued on top of the motor, so after so cleaning of the motor and lubricant it runs like a champ again, so again not a clock for parts (only misses the sleep button) but for the rest a nice clock !!

And then I bought 2 rc 6530, from witch I was able to make from 2 clocks one nice working one !

so this is a bit my collection and beginning of a other part of my addiction of collecting vintage equipment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8BAEB038-5B1F-4A6B-934E-C72F110F24EE.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	13090Click image for larger version

Name:	B683B3DE-6D9A-4F88-89CA-78A096FFF428.jpeg
Views:	157
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	13091

Comment

Comment

Very nice Camerons there!
        But I have yet to see an RC-6530 that didn’t have a noisy motor. I gave up.
        I really like the retro vibe you’ve got going there.
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Yes that’s true the rc 6530 aren’t really quite, was able to make it pretty quite, made out of 2, a decent clock again, took the other motor apart (was not responding at all) and studied the places where I could drill a few holes and apply some oil (gun oil) sealed up the holes with aluminum duct tape.
          till now it runs pretty quiet and smooth.

but I prefer the logic and technique of the Copal clocks used in the Cameron.
          Last edited by boris279; August 1, 2020, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X