Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Cameron” RC-7469

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Cameron” RC-7469

Good Morning everyone! I haven’t been on in a while life got a little crazy there for a while but I still did a few restorations in my spare time ,which has become less and less. I recently restored a Panasonic this Panasonic RC-7469 for a friend overseas in Singapore. He loved the look of this clock so I figured it would be a nice gift. When I received this clock is was pretty nasty but we got her back in shape and looking good. Complete teardown of the inside. All new bulbs , motor cleaned and working well and new walnut varnish on the wood panels.
    she went off to her new home! He Calls her Cameron , after all its both a boys and girls name! Enjoy !

Nice looking clock, good job! Walnut varnish, interesting, never thought about putting varnish on these types of clocks.... Was it much of an improvement?

Comment

Not a ton ! But it did give it a nice shine to the wood and hid any little imperfections that were there. I’m going to do it to mine cause I think it definitely made it pop.
      Shane

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	94E6CDC4-820C-4B28-801B-FD4712E649F6.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	11243
        Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post
        Nice looking clock, good job! Walnut varnish, interesting, never thought about putting varnish on these types of clocks.... Was it much of an improvement?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1CCA92D8-E52C-4640-B86D-B6C93E2A09C6.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	11242

Comment

The walnut varnish looks good.
          I've known linseed oil to bring back wood of audio speaker enclosures and did so on my 7469.

I just completed restoration of this very handsome piece. "Heresy!" you may say ... "That clock illumination is the orange glow of a neon lamp - 7469s have an incandescent lamp!" ... and you'd be correct. I neatly tucked away the incandescent wiring and fixture into the corner of the cabinet and installed the neon for that (to me) incomparable warm orange glow.

Incidentally, about 1/2 the electrolytic capacitors exhibited very high ESR (others were nearing a direct short). I replaced them all for longevity. I have to say the audio volume this thing puts out is impressive, and with little distortion to boot. More volume than I'd ever use.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7469_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	369.5 KB ID:	11311

Comment

Very cool! Looks a lot better than the one I have. At least I think that is the one I have. Mine works great but needs to be cleaned on the inside.Kinda hard to read from a distance.

Comment

Working...
            X