Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seiko DP 602

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seiko DP 602

Hello Everyone,

Sharing my 1st Flip Clock. I don't have much information about this clock but still, It amazes me on its futuristic designed. It would be very grateful if theses anyone can sharing some information about this clock.

Thank you very much.

The name Seikosha was established in Tokyo, Japan as a clock manufacturer in the late 1800s. In 1996 Seikosha Company was split into Seiko Precision Inc. and Seiko Clock Inc.

The clock you have was almost certainly made for the Japanese Market, due to all the Japanese on this clock and the listed voltage. Japan is one of the few countries that have both 50 Hz and 60 Hz power grids. On both grids they use 100 volts though. So in the Philippines or the USA you can use this clock, but you'll be overpowering it a little. Some say this shortens their lives ... but I don't think it really harms them all that much. But with more sensitive electronics, you'll ruin them without using a transformer to decrease the voltage to 100 V.

Your clock is amazing and I would personally love to have that. So when you get tired of it ... just give it to me.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
      The name Seikosha was established in Tokyo, Japan as a clock manufacturer in the late 1800s. In 1996 Seikosha Company was split into Seiko Precision Inc. and Seiko Clock Inc.

The clock you have was almost certainly made for the Japanese Market, due to all the Japanese on this clock and the listed voltage. Japan is one of the few countries that have both 50 Hz and 60 Hz power grids. On both grids they use 100 volts though. So in the Philippines or the USA you can use this clock, but you'll be overpowering it a little. Some say this shortens their lives ... but I don't think it really harms them all that much. But with more sensitive electronics, you'll ruin them without using a transformer to decrease the voltage to 100 V.

Your clock is amazing and I would personally love to have that. So when you get tired of it ... just give it to me.
      Thank you very much Mackey for enlightening me with this information.

Comment

Originally posted by acbaral View Post
        Sharing my 1st Flip Clock
        Very nice I'm jealous, I think you got it for a great price, Seiko make quality watches so I expect their clocks are the same, I just did a quick google & see they came in some great colours and they made another stylish model the DP-627 and probably others.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seiko DP 602's.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	10122 Click image for larger version

Name:	Seiko DP 627.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	10123

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post

Very nice I'm jealous, I think you got it for a great price, Seiko make quality watches so I expect their clocks are the same, I just did a quick google & see they came in some great colours and they made another stylish model the DP-627 and probably others.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Seiko DP 602's.jpg Views:	13 Size:	14.5 KB ID:	10122 Click image for larger version  Name:	Seiko DP 627.jpg Views:	12 Size:	6.5 KB ID:	10123
          Thank you Davidm, I have Seiko DP-627 coming from Japan, the ETA is by end of January. Hope the condition is as good as this DP 602. I'll update once I have the clock.

Comment

Working...
          X