Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Tele-Vision Clock - A True 1950s TV Lamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tele-Vision Clock - A True 1950s TV Lamp

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2127.jpg Views:	8 Size:	16.3 KB ID:	7612If you frequent eBay looking for flip clocks, you've laid eyes on it - The 1950s era Tele-Vision clock.

This clock, manufactured by the Pennwood Numechron Company, is actually a cyclometer type clock with rolling wheels displaying the time in digital form. This clock seems to have suffered from an identity crisis as it went by many names in the day.

Firstly, the Tele-Vision clock was considered a "Numechron Tymeter" clock (a type of Pennwood Numechron Company clock) and designated as the Model No 700. And while the clock face clearly reads "TELE-VISION," on the back you will see the clock described as '"TV" MODEL.' The manufacturer also seemed unsure how to describe it, as on the original packaging you can read the descriptions "TV-Tymeter clock" on one side and "Tele-vision Lamp Clock" on the other, as well as "No. 700 TV."

Can it get any better than this? Yes it can. In some advertisements, the clock was described as the "Glolite Colorama Television Lamp-Clock with Focalizer Stare-Break". Awesome.
    To learn more about this clock and it's history, See the Article or watch the video below which has the same information.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

I love these 'numechron' type clocks! Pity they are mostly 110v and hence would require an expensive converter.... Perhaps I'll splash out someday or maybe find some way to convert them to 220v/50hz?

Comment

I bet you’d do well just to swap out the whole motor.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

What kind of motor is in there? Telechron motor or something like that?

Comment

Working...
        X