Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neox horizontal drum roll clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neox horizontal drum roll clock

Ever since this post I was curious what the inside of a Neox clock looks. Only after I bought one and opened it up I got my answer: it is a horizontal drum roll clock.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030454.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	27633 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4731.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	332.2 KB
ID:	27635

Each drum with cutout numbers is lit from the inside by a neon bulb with a red plastic around it. The motor is a Nikko (unlabelled, but I think that is what it is).

A bit of a mystery is the "eye" on the right. Behind a facetted lens there is a rotating transparent drum that I think originally held some pattern that would produce an interesting effect, similar like the "sunburst" that some Tamura Lumitime clocks have. In my case though the drum did not rotate because a gear was missing and it looked like the original pattern was removed. I replaced the gear and tried out several improvised patterns using black tape, but the effect is still a bit underwhelming. If anyone knows what it should look like, please let me know!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4735.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	27634

That is one fantastic clock Johan, especially in that color! I am of no help with your rotating pattern, I did a quick search on youtube and although there are some short movies on youtube, none of them show a rotating disc unfortunately.

I will see if I can find one in Japan, they do pop up every once in awhile there.

Comment

What an amazing find. It's basically a lit up cyclometer type clock. Just another one of those clocks I never knew existed!
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
      X