Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sankyo digiglo 423 - removing the plastic alarm button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sankyo digiglo 423 - removing the plastic alarm button

Just received my first one of these and it needs fixing. But I am having a hard time removing the alarm button to allow me to pull the mechanism out of the plastic case. I expect the plastic may be a bit brittle hence trying not to force - any tips?

Figured it out. WD40 plus some gentle wiggling eventually freed up the join which also had some glue in it.

Found the problem - not the gears but the spring contact mechanism associated with the alarm button had become permanently bent. Bending it back seems to have worked - easy fix!

The clock seems to get stuck occasionally but I am hoping running it and giving the number dials a gentle push when necessary may be enough to free up the gears. At first there was not enough torque to turn the minutes by itself, now it is managing to turn those. Gets stuck at 10's of minutes.

Maybe the gears will need some attention.

Comment

Good you got the knob off and the alarm working again! These knobs can be firmly stuck.
      For the issue you are seeing now I would first check if the drums run free enough. A good clean and light oiling may help.
      If on the other hand the issue is in the motor, you may need to open that up for cleaning and republication. In that case this post may be helpful: https://www.flipclockfans.com/forum/...n-motor-repair

Comment

Been running about 12 hours and keeping good time. Drums all turning with ease. Super quiet too. Think I got lucky!

Comment

Working...
        X