Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apco FT-008 radio & clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apco FT-008 radio & clock

Ran into this weird contraption and bought it out of curiosity and because it is so quirky. The name describes it correctly: a radio and a clock, not an alarm clock! It is just a radio and a clock thrown in a box. Measuring only 15 x 19 x 10 cm it is fairly small and fits nicely on a table top or a bookshelf. I really wonder who it was intended for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030082.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	24509

Apco AG (Apparate Companie AG) was a Swiss trading company from Zürich. I did find the same model also branded as "Toshiba RC-605", "Tec" or "Carson House RD-T910", so who actually produced it is unclear. The clock mechanism is from Tamura and the motor is labeled Omron.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3550.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	375.5 KB
ID:	24511

As I bought it the clock was working fine, but the radio did not do much. After contact cleaning and fixing a bad solder joint it very faintly receives one station. Clearly I have not solved all issues and maybe I'll replace some capacitors if I find the time for it, but there are other projects waiting ;-)
    Attached Files

That is a nice find! I have seen these before, but not very often. It only has AM reception, right?

Comment

Yes, the radio is AM only.

Comment

Working...
      X