Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanyko In a Recent Taco Bell Commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyko In a Recent Taco Bell Commercial

Click image for larger version  Name:	sankyo-tacobell-ad.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.0 KB ID:	24082

Noticed this one displaying on youtube (link to ad)
    It's right at the beginning. Appears to be a debranded Sanyko, like a DT-612.
    They put a hearty 'thunk' sound as it hits 7am.
    It shows again in the middle of the ad, the main character is in some sort of time loop, similar to Ground Hogs Day.

A DT-612 example:

Click image for larger version  Name:	sankyo-DT-612.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.6 KB ID:	24083

That's actually a pretty cool commercial. They sure put a lot into it. "Let's get spicy!"
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Funny but after I read this I received a comment on a video asking about a clock in an episode of Quantum Leap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	24102

At about 3:57 you see a monster. I told this guy

It seems you're looking at a Frankenstein monster. It looks like a Pennwood Numechron Model 700 Tele-Vision "or TV clock" from around 1955. They've stuffed probably a random Copal mechanism in there for the flip clock. There's no way that clock works in reality. Not enough room inside. But it's cool that they included this in the movie. Prop master getting jiggy with some random clocks in his stash. He brought a 50s and a 70s clock together to do this.
      Prop master needs to get punished. It's crazy.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

• flipoclock
        flipoclock commented
        Editing a comment
        if the prop master actually got that running, he/she deserves a medal :-)

• RetroFlip
        RetroFlip commented
        Editing a comment
        Unusual choice to have gone with, seems like you can also see the curtain through the front right. Perhaps it was a "I need this in 10 minutes" sort of prop.

Weirdly there's a DT-612 for sale from Japan right now, with the seller having 'taco' in their name. Coincidence or viral marketing ?

Comment

Working...
      X