Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Siemens MU1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siemens MU1600

Hello everyone, really glad I found this forum!
    Just bought my first flipclock, it's a non working Siemens MU1600..I opened it and found out the light and the buzzer are working, seems like the numbers are jammed.There is one brown mechanism that is broken for sure as shown in the pictures.I need some suggestions and advices, would really love to make it work again.
    Thanks,

LAz

This is a nice clock! It seems similar on the inside at least to the Kundo 2000, which has donated its organs to the Braun Phase 1. Unfortunately I have no solution other than finding a suitable replacement gear or having a go with a 3D Printer... I plan on purchasing a 3D printer this year and doing some experimenting, but that will be more like the end of the year than real soon.

Maybe someone else here has another suggestion?

Comment

I have the same clock with the same problem. Have you found a solution?

Comment

Ah, the brown broken gear! That is a common issue with the Kundo mechanism.
        I have found a way to fix this and described it in this post.

The link to one of the gears is dead but I still have a few. Just send me a personal message if you want a set.
        Alternatively you can order them from kkpmo.com. This will cost a bit more but may also be easier to work with. I looks like their 16 teeth gear is a bit larger, so it may not need the hammer treatment. And also, since their large gear is just straight without any extension around the axle, connecting the two gears may be simpler

One addition to the procedure: at that time I used Gorilla plastic to create the 'neck'. That was interesting but not that easy to work with. I think now I would first try to create something from scrap plastic (old pens, disposable lighter, packaging, etc.).

Comment

Working...
        X