Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing a big part from an Intel DRU 114

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing a big part from an Intel DRU 114

Hi

I'm new here and long story short, I've just bought an Intel DRU 114 flip alarm clock/radio at a flea market. The seller told me it was working, and since there was a lot of people around, I decided to buy it, but at home it didn't run when plugged in so I decided to open it to see what the issue was. It seems to me that the entire clock mechanism is missing. Now I don't know if there's any sort of standard for clock machinery, especially on decade old flip clocks, but I want to be hopeful. I'll link some pictures that should show what's going on. The radio and everything else seems to be working fine.

Thank you all for any help on this!

Vertti Honkanen

Nice find! Maybe the seller meant to say that the radio was working?

It looks like there is supposed to be a Copal motor, but which type, that is the question...

Maybe someone else has a clue? I am not familiar with this particular type of clock.

Comment

Can you measure the distance for the white arrow until the point where it would meet the red arrow in mm? That might give me an idea which motor you need. I have some in stock.

Although it might be possible that the price of the motor might or exceed the price of your clock... Let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post
        Can you measure the distance for the white arrow until the point where it would meet the red arrow in mm? That might give me an idea which motor you need. I have some in stock.

Although it might be possible that the price of the motor might or exceed the price of your clock... Let me know!
        The gap is about 15-16 mm. I want to say thank you so much for the help already. I'm sorry I forgot to answer sooner to your message. I've been trying to google a lot about the clock but as you can probably imagine it's a nightmare trying to google anything with "Intel" that's not the processors. Thank you for your expertise.

Vertti Honkanen

Comment

I have one! I will send you a personal message about the details...

Comment

Working...
          X