Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-stringing a GE Model 7-4310

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-stringing a GE Model 7-4310

This is something that I hope you never have to do. My opinion is that you should do everything in your power to avoid de-stringing a flip clock radio tuner. But what we've got here is a how-to for this specific model (The GE 7-4310) upon request from a member who had an unfortunate de-stringing event. The only way I was able to show how to re-string was to take pics and videos before removing the string (which is highly recommended but of course, not always possible). In any event, if you need to know how to re-string this model, or if you're having trouble sleeping, watch the following video. Coffee recommended.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

NOOOO!!!! I just had to do that on that stinky Sony TFM-C650 I just rebuilt. Up, over, around, underneath, around, back up and over...ugh.

Good work, Mackey.

Comment

Thanks so much for the prompt response ! Great video, I fix aircraft instruments for a living and that was really stumping me. You make it look so easy, make no mistake about it that job is tricky. Got my clock back together, now just have to quiet down the motor and it will be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by seventies70 View Post
        Thanks so much for the prompt response ! Great video, I fix aircraft instruments for a living and that was really stumping me. You make it look so easy, make no mistake about it that job is tricky. Got my clock back together, now just have to quiet down the motor and it will be good to go.
        Oh hell man. It was not easy. It took me multiple tries and then to film it. It was challenging.
        Fix aircraft instruments! That sounds interesting. Maybe you should get an airplane flip clock. I'm not messing with you (too much) it would be cool. Let us know how the clock turns out.

see on ebay
        Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.2 KB ID:	4932
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
        X