Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with an ailing Sankyo 423 clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with an ailing Sankyo 423 clock

I am having an issue with my Sankyo 423 alarm clock. It was operating very loud, so I figured that it would be a great idea to take it apart and maybe lubricate it. (Now I have a non working clock)
    The motor is similar to a Telechron shaded pole motor. Once I opened it up, it was a filthy gummed up mess. So I cleaned it out with alcohol and then Deoxit. There is nothing left on the main gear that drives the whole mechanism. I know that some Sankyo's that use the Intermatic timer motor can be fixed...this is not one of them. Wondering if anyone knows anyplace I can get a new or used working motor for my clock?

In a round about way (long story) I got my hands on a Sankyo Model 401. It has the exact motor. Just FYI. And, like yours, my motor is kaput! I can tell all the electronics work but it's pretty evident that the motor is a mess. So, if you ever find a replacement let me know.
    For now I'm jamming it in a box to take down to deep storage in disgrace mode (that's when I don't even bother to put it back together, just box it up).
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Will do, it seems these motors are made from 100% Unobtanium...

Comment

Unobtanium - that's perfect.
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
        X