Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cosmetic issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cosmetic issues

I am new to this obsession and this web site is very much appreciated. I passed up on an Ebay offer for a Panasonic RC-6493 recently simply because the photos showed that some of the chrome-plated plastic trim showed wear down to white plastic. Does anyone know of a reasonable fix for such a problem? I know that Richard Feynman, the Nobel prize physicist, developed and patented with a business partner very early in his career the process that allows plating onto plastic, but I have no idea if a simple remedy for such a problem of wear exists. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by QuinnC; September 25, 2017, 11:22 PM.

I use a Krylon Silver Leafing pen. It is bright silver, but has a matte finish instead of mirror chrome. If it is just one little spot I can usually touch it up with the Krylon pen and it is barely noticeable. I have a couple clocks where the chrome was so far gone that I just removed all the old chrome paint and redid the whole thing with the Krylon pen.

Jeremy

Comment

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
      X