Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Krups Comfortchron S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krups Comfortchron S

Hello all

I am new to this forum and have a question regarding a Krups flip clock I recently acquired. It has not night light but inside to the right are two blue wires leading off the mains supply at the rear. They are cut. Is it possible I could retro fit an orange bulb off these? It is 240V.

Thanks

Matthew

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_892.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	404.6 KB
ID:	3293Click image for larger version

Name:	image_893.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	411.4 KB
ID:	3294
    Last edited by Mackey; June 19, 2017, 06:01 PM.

Matthew, there's no reason you can't connect a ne-2 neon glow bulb to those wires. There are many for sale on eBay with the proper resistor already in place for 220 volts.
    I don't see a Place to hold the bulb. Your going to have to find a way to clip the bulb to the frame work.
    Do you mind letting us know in what country you live?
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Thanks for the info... I'm in Australia. I had the clock shipped from Germany.

I've done a quick search on eBay... seem to be selling them in bundles of 50-100. I only need 1. lol.

Last edited by maso13; June 23, 2017, 03:52 AM.

Comment

maybe i can help you ...i got tons of bulbs and i live in aust

Comment

Hello ... that would be awesome.

Matthew

Comment

i could send you 1 in the post but it depends were you live ,,,,radio shack,,,, aus aka jaycar ..........has them that's were i got mine

https://www.jaycar.com.au/90v-ne2-neon/p/SL2690 thats just a sample they have lots of different ones

Comment

Working...
            X