Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony ICF-310W Digimatic Bulb Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony ICF-310W Digimatic Bulb Replacement

Hi all,

I just inherited a nice Sony flip clock:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	29949

I was able to clean and oil the motor and get it working again, as well as repair a cracked gear. Everything is working, except for the bulb. I'm not sure what I should be looking for to replace it. The bulb says "STANLEY" on it and nothing else. I measured 5.7V ac across the leads after removing the bulb:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	812.6 KB ID:	29950

Not sure if this is helpful, but I found this picture of one with a working bulb online:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	668.0 KB ID:	29951

The closest I have found is https://miniatronics.com/collections...6v-40ma-10-pcs, but it will cost me over $50 after shipping. Does anyone have any recommendations for sourcing a replacement? I am in Canada.

Thanks!

Did you determine the voltage of the bulb? If not clearly marked, you could measure the voltage going to the bulb.

Comment

Originally posted by gschmidt958 View Post
      Did you determine the voltage of the bulb? If not clearly marked, you could measure the voltage going to the bulb.
      5.7V AC going to the bulb from its leads

Comment

Working...
      X