Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help on an old flip clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on an old flip clock

Hello to everyone.
    I am writing here because I bought a strange flip clock and I am trying to get some information on it.
    Here are some images. There are no inscriptions on the clock, so I'm kind of lost in this flip clock.
    Any information on this?
    Thanks a lot for all the help!

I've actually seen this before. I'm pretty sure those are metal flip tiles right? If so that's basically the mechanism from a New Haven flip clock from around 1936-1939. I have no idea of the history of this clock besides this, but that set up is exactly how the mechanism and glass are held in place in the two versions of the New Haven flip clock. The more I look at this the more sure I am. Position of the motor is the same, tile hold backs are the same and the font is the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	newhaven1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	29639 Click image for larger version

Name:	newhaven2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	29641 Click image for larger version

Name:	newhaven3.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	29640
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Hello Mackey.
      Thanks for the feedback. They do look the same! The tiles are made of metal, yes. Although I still think it is somehow fancy as it is, it probably lacks the wood case... will be hard to find for sure...
      Really appreciate it!
      All the best from Portugal,
      Ricardo

Comment

Working...
      X